Moving Out, Moving In

Hello everyone and welcome back to Tiro Finale for a little update on my day-to-day living. It has been a little over a month since I last moved out from the suburbs of a city center to a quiet ocean side town. If you have followed Tiro Finale in the past, you would have noticed that I tend to move around quite a bit for both work and leisure. This time around, the move is entirely for work. The move is a temporary one as my job necessitated me to work at a new location over the next 3 months. 

While the new place was only 100 kilometers away from my previous residence, I would still have to move a large sum of my things in order for the 3 months that I will be away for. This led to a large scale packing operation whereby the virtue of foresight, I managed to fit most of my personal belongings into my car as I had anticipated the need to be on the move.
Nevertheless, the entire packing process still did take me a full day inclusive a several housekeeping bits such as, giving the car a good wash before the drive down. Of course, I also had to make room for my adobrable Mami and Tanya Nesoberi together with their pet alpaca. This would not be their first road trip with me and, Tanya especially, looked more than ready to travel.
Seeing as how I was using my desktop till the night before I moved out, I decided to pack that up last. Fortunately for me and, once more, through the virtue of foresight, my entire system was incredibly compact. The Node 202 ITX case that I used was only a little over 10 liters in volume and with a whole host of wireless peripherals, packing everything took only a matter of minutes. The largest and bulkiest component was undoubtedly my 27 inch monitor!
Leaving early in the morning, I arrived at my new town that I called home for the next three months with hardly any issues. Unpacking all of the luggage brought down with me also proved to be a lot easier than I expected. The one thing I was certainly most impressed about my new accommodation was the seaside view. This was my first time leaving in a property so close to the ocean!
Part of the unpacking process was to reassemble my rig. One thing that was bugging me throughout my trip was the fact that I had not serviced my PC in a while. Rather than procrastinating any further, the first order of business for me was then to strip the case off and give the entire system a good clean. More specifically, giving all of the fans a good clean and the dust filters a good wash.
Fortunately for me, the dust filters had done a very good job of keeping dust collection at bay within the system. The only downside to the entire process is the Node 202's rather complicated process of removing both the sides of its case.
Another hiccup came when my room did not have a desk to set up my system upon. No matter though as a quick trip down to my local hardware store solved that very issue with a brand new foldable table. With just enough space to fit my entire desktop, things are up and running again.
And thanks to a cable management box not seen here, I was able to set up the system almost as quickly as it took for me to pack it up. With the cables are neatly routed, it was just a matter of me emulating a similar cable arrangement and keep everything tucked away neatly. With that, we come to the end of this little update of my living arrangement. Just as soon as I moved in, I would have to prepare to move out again as I will be making my move to yet another new workplace in two months time. Until the next time, thank you so much for reading and have yourself a wonderful day ahead!
 

Comments

Popular Posts