July Mini Haul

Hello everyone and welcome back to Tiro Finale. In light of recent events, I have had trouble getting any new merchandise in from Japan much less visiting the country itself. With shops and postal routes on lock down, these past few months have been more than a little tricky when it comes to getting new merchandise. Moreover, up until recently, most if not all of the my local hobby and game stores have remained closed as part of a nationwide advisory.

Fortunately, things have since relaxed significantly with most retail stores opening up their brick and mortar stores once more. One such place is a local games store of mine which recently reopened and was also hosting a seasonal sale. Aside from games and peripherals, there were also a good number of gaming loot on sale too. While my primary intention was to simply browse the goods that were available on sale, I ended up walking out the store with 4 brand new tees.

The first of which is this Gwenpool tee illustrated in a whimsical, comical fashion. I have yet to read the Gwenpool comics but, the illustration and premise of the character alone was more than enough to convince me to get the tee. You certainly cannot go wrong with a little pink and some Dead Freeze right?

The second tee I got was an Iron Man silhouette tee where the outline of Iron Man is filled in red with an accompanying background of the Avengers Tower. It is a subtle yet stand out design which certainly complements the black fabric that it is printed on. 

There is even an iron man helmet logo printed on the back of the tee in case you were not quite sure which super hero was on the front of the tee. 

The third tee is simply one I could not pass out on with the adorable Black Panther print. If you look at it closely, you can even  the spot the lighter grey lines which adorns his dark costume. This itself a design feature noted in the more layered armored Black Panther suit seen in the movies. 

As it turns out, the Black Panther illustrated was actually illustrated by Gurihiru. They are the Japanese duo-illustration team who are responsible for a lot of recent Marvel works such as Gwenpool and the Wasp. Certainly an artist-duo I will need to keep a closer eye out on.

Lastly, I got this Star Wars tee with line arts of the three most popular space crafts the series. I am certainly not a very big Star Wars fan but, I can certainly appreciate the timeless designs these vessels have. Especially with the upcoming Star Wars Squadron right around the corner too!

The last bit of loot I got is a Pop figure keychain Widowmaker that I had not planned on getting until I had arrived at the counter. I remembered that one of our writers here on Tiro Finale, takuya, is a big fan of Widowmaker from Overwatch.

The Pop keychains look almost identical to their full size figures and appear even more detail packed because of their small size. But it would be hard to say for sure how things look like upon closer inspection without opening it up first. Maybe takuya would be kind enough to give me the permission to open it up for a full review? Stay tuned for that!

Browsing a little more around the store, I could not find anything more of particular interested and settled on these five items. Which in total only cost me 20USD. Don't you just love sales? Because I certainly do. What about you? Have you gotten your hands on any new loot since the beginning of the summer sales? Feel free to let me know in the comments section below! Until the next time, thank you so much for reading and have yourself a wonderful day ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts