My Current Manga Rotation

Hello everyone and welcome back to Tiro Finale! Amidst my current addition of manga reviews to this blog, I figured I should share with everyone my ongoing rotation of manga(s). Unlike most readers of indeed, myself in the past, these days I largely read manga with each completed tankoubon (volume) as opposed to reading them chapter by chapter. Regardless of your reading preferences, there are many great apps on both the iOS and Android these days for reading manga as well as purchasing them. One such app, is the official Shounen Jump app.

Previously a heavy Book Walker user, I primarily use the Shounen Jump app to read Kimetsu no Yaiba. I picked up the series on manga earlier this year to continue on from where the movie left off and largely as a way to avoid any further spoilers when discussing the series with my peers. There are certainly no regrets though as I have caught up to the latest available English translated volume (21) and am waiting for what is probably the last one.

Similar to Book Walker, the app allows you to download the manga and read them in high resolution on the device of your choice. I would personally recommend a tablet for the ease of reading. Where things differs from Book Walker (at least on iOS), is native integration with the App Store. This means, I am able to purchase the manga directly through Apple's App Store via the app as an in-app transaction. The other major difference is that the Shounen Jump app does not allow reading and downloading simultaneously. It is hardly a big issue but, one worth keeping in mind.

Next up, we have my staple manga reading app, Book Walker who's experience has improved dramatically ever since it received a major update back in late 2020. The addition of customizable book shelves have made a massive difference on top of the quality of life changes to the UI making the app feel more intuitive and user friendly. On top of that, performance has also improved with less unexplained app slow downs and crashes. There is, unfortunately, still no marketplace support for the Global version.

The Heaven's Design Team is a manga I stumbled upon sometime last year and has been in my steady rotation. I have slowed down a little ever since I found out that an anime of it has been made which did make me contemplate reading versus watching it. I would probably do both just to see which I prefer more. If you have not read or watch this series yet, I would certainly recommend it for both its entertainment and educational value!

Another series that I am a big fan of is Dungeon Meshi or Delicious in Dungeon. The fairly long running series has yet to receive an anime adaptation but, that is more than fine with me because of the frankly superb art that the manga has. I am currently in the midst of completing the spin-off manga by the same mangaka, Seven Little Sons of the Dragon, while also waiting for more volumes of the series to be released.

Moving onto the trashier side of things, we have my collection of Why the Hell Are You Here, Teacher?! series of manga. I have raved on this blog countless times for my love of this series especially in regards to its art and comedic story telling. Admittedly, I have fallen a little behind the current release on Book Walker. Still, I am very much keen on supporting this series for the foreseeable future or at least until it ceases to become a good read.

Last but no least, we have Monster Musume that has a surprisingly slow English volume release calendar. I have previously read the Monster Musume manga on a different platform and it took Book Walker quite a while to catch up for the released volumes. Yes, you are actually able to read it chapter-by-chapter on Book Walker too but, that just does not seem financially prudent. 

So there you have it, my current manga rotation. There are a few odds and ends that are placed in a miscellaneous bookshelf containing series that I am periodically following such as, Gigant, or series that I am still getting a feel off such as, Gleipnir and Shibuya Goldfish. Do tell me what you'd like to see next. Until the next time, thank you so much for reading and have yourself a wonderful day ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts