Figure Wishlist - Super Sonico White Cat Version

Hello everyone and welcome back to Tiro Finale for another chapter of Figure Wishlist where, as the name suggests, I go through upcoming figures that have piqued my interest to the point where I would like to purchase or pre-order them. In today's chapter, we will be featuring a character that has not seen some action on the blog for quite a while that you would be mistaken for thinking that she was not part of my heavy rotation of figures! That is right, we will be taking a look at the recently announced Super Sonico White Cat Version premium scale figure by Union Creative. 


In fact, Sonico actually makes up one of the core characters in my figure collection. With such a heavy emphasis on gun-girls like Mami and Tanya, I bet you would have never guessed that right? At any rate, this particular Super Sonico has been on my radar for quite a while, way back when she was merely a silhouette shown by Union Creative during WonFes. Years passed as the concept art eventually materialized as an unpainted prototype to finally the painted version open for pre-orders. 


All throughout the journey, I have been keeping an intermittent eye on Union Creative's takes on Sonico. This is after all the manufacturer's first crack at a Super Sonico figure or a bishoujo figure of this type for that matter. It is worth mentioning that I am normally not a fan of Sonico in skimpy outfits. As such, I actually have very few figures of Sonico in swimsuits and lingerie as, to me, they are simply not as appealing compared to those in her more detailed and colorful outfits. Coupled with Sonico's happy go lucky personality, I think those particular figures really stand out!


On the topic of Union Creative, this is not the first time the manufacturer has been featured on the blog. For that matter, they have already been featured in a past chapter of Figure Wishlist where I eventually went on to get one of their figures. Their Hdge Motoko Kusanagi really impressed me with everything from the price to the overall quality of the figure. As such, I had really high expectations for Union Creative's take on the gravure idol proportions of Super Sonico. 


Some time passed and, with it, my interest in the figure seemed to fade too as there seemed to be very little development regarding the figure. That was until Union Creative finally released a colored version and made her available for pre-order. Immediately, my interest in the figure was rekindled and I was certainly not disappointed in the product of Union Creative's labor. 


Going by just the promotional pictures, Union Creative really looked to have nailed everything perfectly! The golden triangle (proportion, coloring, detailing) of any figure seems to be executed to a very high degree by Union Creative. In fact, the final product looks like something out of a much more established manufacturer! While I would go into detailing and proportions in a bit, the aspect that I think is a real winner with White Cat Sonico has to be her coloring. The lighter color tones are consistent throughout the entire figure with Sonico's pink hair perfectly complimenting her fair skin tone and white lingerie. 

Then, there is the detailing which is as you'd expect from a premium figure of the highest caliber. The detailing on the frills of her lingerie and the lace trim on her jacket are definite winners in my book. Added touches like removable glasses is also the cherry on the top as it helps portray Sonico in a different light.


When it comes to Sonico figures, I am always a stickler when it comes to proportions with my biggest grip being that many manufacturers sculpt Sonico too thin. Thankfully Union Creative's team has steered far of that path with Sonico's ample curves in full display thanks to her almost non-existent outfit on. Sonico's hips and abdomen are certainly very well represented but, it is her thighs which is the clear winner! The way they overflow slightly off her stockings make her look so fluffy!


So, if you like me are interested in the figure, here are some details you would like to take note off. First up, this figure will not come cheap. Due for release in June 2019 and open for pre-orders now, the Super Sonico White Cat Version has a list price of 17,064 Yen. Even the usually generous Amiami is only discounting this premium scale figure by 1,764 Yen, dropping the overall price to 15,300 Yen. In the end, that is the only thing holding me back from making the pre-order. That astronomical asking price! 


Will I cave and finally pre-order the figure? Stay tuned to Tiro Finale to find out! In the meantime, if you would like more information about Sonico in her kitty lingerie form, do check out the official product page over at Union Creative's site. Until the next time, thank you so much for reading and have yourself a wonderful day ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts