More (Belated) Birthday Gifts!

Hello everybody and welcome back to Tiro Finale! Just when I thought I was done with receiving birthday gifts, takuya decided to surprise me a huge belated birthday present in the form of Good Smile Company's 1/7 scale Kouhai-chan from Tawawa on Monday. Clearly someone has been reading my Figure Wishlist series, as I had featured the more than generously endowed Kouhai-chan back in January 2018.


In fact, I had even forgotten that Kouhai-chan was even on my list as it took a whopping 14 months from Good Smile's initial announcement till her actual release! In that amount of time, the excitement for Tawawa on Monday had died down somewhat too. Not to mention, the asking sticker price of 10,000 Yen also put me off somewhat. Many would consider that a fair price especially since it was a 1/7 scale premium figure and one that was manufactured by Good Smile Company, no less. With so many figure manufacturing arms under their wing such as FREEing, Phat! and Aquamarine to name a few, it was quite uncommon to see Good Smile manufacturing them. Hence, you can imagine my surprise when I found out what I had received. By the way, the box for Kouhai-chan is huge!

Looking at the final product, Good Smile Company really hit the nail on the head with Kouhai-chan. She looks identical to the promotional images on Good Smile's product page and the finish has a level of refinement that many have to come to expect from Good Smile. Even all of the finer details such as her stockings and slightly translucent shirt, details which I had my doubts in being reproduced, were all perfectly done. It may not be colored in blue ink but, this is as close as one would expect to get in a perfect representation of a Tawawa on Monday figure. Even more so, than the recent Bunny Outfit ones, in my opinion.


Earlier I mentioned the sticker price have been a deterrent for me from pre-ordering Kouhai-chan when she was first announced. Looking at the final product, that could not be further from the truth. Not only is the base figure top notch, she also comes with a whole host of accessories. Remember the alternate expression that she has? That is no simple face swap but, rather an entire upper body swap! Even at 10,000 Yen, Kouhai-chan is more than worth her price. But, it gets better!

Right now, Kouhai-chan can be purchased on Amiami for just 6,800 Yen! Re-sellers such as Mandarake, on the other hand, are selling her for 6,000 Yen whenever stocks come up. So if you ever had any intention of getting Kouhai-chan, now is the very best time to. Lest there be another surge in popularity in Tawawa on Monday, in which case, prices would jolt back up to where they once were. 

All in all, I must say that I am incredibly impressed with what Good Smile Company did with Kouhai-chan. The final product is every bit as good as I had hoped for it to be and it even has a great box which is able to display almost the entirety of the figure without having to unbox it. That is a huge plus if you like to keep your figures mint in their boxes. Of course, if you have any other questions regarding this figure, do not hesitate to ask me in the comments section below. Until the next time, thank you so much for reading and have yourself a wonderful day ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts