SIF: Scouting for the CN Exclusive UR Nozomi

Hello everyone and welcome back to Tiro Finale! It has been quite a while since we last featured some School Idol Festival content on this blog. And this is not because I have stopped playing the game. Rather it has to do with my absolutely abysmal luck when it come to scouting in this game. After several failed pulls in the past, I have been relegated to saving up Love Gems after having spent it all. I was planning to keep those savings going until I would be able to pass the 1,000 Love Gem mark until, seemingly out of nowhere, KLab decided to release the CN Exclusive UR Kotori and Nozomi for scouting. 

Together with the two new URs, there were also two modes of scouting for them. One via a Step Up Scouting and the other via a Limited Box Scouting. I decided to go for the latter as not only did it allow you to select the member that you wanted (Kotori or Nozomi), it was also a virtual guarantee of getting the member granted the player has sufficient resources. 

Before you make the selection for the member that you would like to draw from the Limited Box, the game would give you a brief preview of the member you have chosen including their stats, skills and attributes. In this case, Nozomi came pre-idolized with four School Idol Skill slots as she was considered to be a Promo UR.

After you have selected the member of your choice, they will then be put into the Limited Box together with 99 other members including four SSR, fifteen SR and a remaining 80 Rares. The order in which the UR is located is completely random. As such in order to full guarantee getting the member of your choice, players would have to look at having at least 455 Love Gems. In my case, I budgeted for only 350 Love Gems or roughly seven pulls. 

The first pull was not too shabby considering I managed to get one SSR and another SR both of which were Nozomi. I already had multiple copies of that particular SSR Nozomi at this point but, it would do no harm in leveling up her skills even more.

The second pull yielded yet another one SSR Nozomi accompanied by four other SR. A fairly good pull but, still no UR Nozomi just yet.

Getting 150 Love Gems through and there was still no signs of the UR Nozomi. Instead, all I get are another three SR. 

Then came the fourth pull which was perhaps the most demoralizing of them all yielding 11 Rares in total making it the worst pull so far. It is this sort of pulls which really make you feel the pain of having spent 50 hard earned Love Gems.

The fifth pull scouted an SSR Kotori and two other SR which albeit the "New" designation was something I already had copies of in my Present Box. To be fair, I have always wanted this SSR Kotori but, I would have much preferred the UR Nozomi instead.

Coming to the sixth pull and the pool was steadily thinning by now. At this point, I have scouted the last remaining SSR in the Limited Box and there were only two SR remaining and, of course, the UR Nozomi itself. The next scout would be where my Love Gem cap reached and I was really hoping on striking it big this time.

Unfortunately,  that was not to be the case as the sixth draw was a single SR Nozomi and a lot of disappointment. Now you know I was genuinely not lying when I said I had very bad luck when it came to my SIF pulls. 
 
At this point, with only 23 members left in the Limited Box, I had to make an important decision on how I would spend my premium currency. Do I spend another potential 100 Love Gems and go all in? Do singular draws at 5 Love Gems a piece? Or use my Green Scouting Tickets which would give a pull each? Not wanting to waste any unnecessary premium currency, I decided to go with the Green Scouting Tickets with a soft cap of 15 tickets.

After just 9 Green Scouting Tickets, lo and behold, UR Nozomi finally came home! At this point, I was fairly overjoyed knowing that I had both, finally gotten the UR I was looking for, and I had not spent 50 Love Gems at this fell under the 11 member scout threshold. 

Because this was considered to be a solo scout, you get an individual confirmation screen upon receiving the member which I think looks extra special because of the unique background. Oh, and it also happened to have the gorgeous Nozomi UR in it of course.

To be honest, I had not actually done any background research regarding this particular Nozomi or her stats. In fact, her Score Boost skill also look pretty normal if I am honest. But none of that mattered as, in my opinion, this is probably one of the nicest UR Nozomi ever released thus far. That alone, was reason enough for me to go scouting for her.

After 350 Love Gems and 9 Green Scouting Tickets, all that remains in the box are 13 Rares and one SR. Conversely, this also meant I received one UR, four SSR and 14 SR. While I would certainly not consider this the best pull I have ever made, it is also by no means the worst one either. Stories of players pulling the UR within the first 3 pulls certainly do make me envious. But at the end of the day, I still managed to walk away with the UR that I wanted. Which is more than I can say in regards to my past attempts. 

With scouting all done with, it was now time for me to sort out the mess that was my Present Box and put these various UR I have gathered to good use. First things first though, I need to clear up my ever growing stock pile of Event SR first. If you would like more SIF content on Tiro Finale, do let us know in the comments section below or feel free to ask any questions you may have. Until the next time, thank you so much for reading and have yourself a wonderful day ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts