Good Smile Stay Home Campaign Shopping List

Hello everyone and welcome back to Tiro Finale! As part of their Stay at Home Campaign, the Good Smile Online Shop has been offering a 20% discount on selected items, with the inclusion of a free Nendoroid Mask bonus item, from the 20th of April up till the 6th of May. I may say selected but, the available items on sale extend throughout the entire Good Smile catalogue ranging from Nendoroid to figma and even premium scale figures. The range even extends to products which are currently up for pre-order and those which have already been released.

That is not all, for the products which have already been released, they will even come included with the pre-order bonuses on top of the already attractive discount! For any figure which was released with a pre-order bonus, this sale almost sounds too good to be true especially for someone like me who missed out on two very crucial pre-orders last year. One of those was the figma Tanya Degurechaff which I missed out on getting after admittedly shifting my feet around too much at the sight of the 7,700 Yen retail price before eventually missing out on the pre-order window.

Another figure that I missed out on which still haunts me till today, is the Nendoroid Takao which came out some time last year. Having had an exceptionally busy period around the time of her pre-order window, I completely missed out on pre-ordering this beauty. In fact, I was an hour too short on making the pre-orders believe it or not! So you can imaging my excitement when both Tanya's figma and Takao's Nendoroid were made available for sale as part of the sales campaign. Having made a comparison with both Mandarake and AmiAmi beforehand, I was confident in making my order from GSC as the cheapest Tanya was 7,500 Yen (Mandarake, with bonus) and Takao was 5,700 Yen (AmiAmi, no bonus). 

Not content with just getting two figure and wanting to make the most of my shipment, I also threw in Inuyama Aoi's Nendoroid from the Yuru Camp series. I have just recently finished watching both Season 1 of Yuru Camp together with its OVA Room Camp. While eagerly awaiting the release of the second season, I figured the best way I could show my support for the series was by getting a Nendoroid of my favorite character from the series, Inuyama Aoi. At close to 4,500 Yen, Aoi may be on the pricey side but when you consider the bonuses and extra goodies she comes with it is actually really good value for money. 

The fourth and final figure is Nendoroid Takarada Rikka from the series SSSS.Gridman. This Nendoroid is actually not destined for my collection as it is actually an add-on from a close friend of mine to leverage the flat 2,000 Yen shipping cost that Good Smile's online shop charges for all of its international shipments. Personally, I have yet to watch the Gridman series but, I am aware that Rikka is a very popular character among fans.

Before I head to the final checkout screen, I thought it would be nice to share two other figures I had strongly considered getting too. The first of which was the Nendoroid Catwoman: Ninja Edition. This is a Nendoroid I have been on a casual lookout for a while now ever since I watched Batman Ninja and grew a liking to the Japanese-style Selina Kyle and her Catwoman outfit. While I would have loved to add her Nendoroid to my collection, it would seem that AmiAmi was offering a better price at just 3,480 Yen. As such, I have put her on hold for the time being and will be on the lookout for her at that price of lower during my next trip to Japan. 

Lastly, we have the Super Sonico: Racing Ver. 2016 which I made the gamble of not pre-ordering back when because of her close to 20,000 Yen sticker price. Having observed a slight price dip in my original Racing Sonico, I made a calculated gamble that the 2016 version would drop in price too post-release. True enough it has with Mandarake listing a mint edition for only 11,000 Yen. Trouble is, having seen the actual box in real life, I would probably have to resort to getting it shipped as opposed to buying it in-stores on my next Japan trip. Unfortunately, Mandarake has frozen shipping for the time being except for DHL which is prohibitively expensive. Long story short, I can find it cheaper and I only have to wait.

Which then brings me to the final checkout screen where I was modestly surprised at the 20,714 Yen total price. Add on 2,000 Yen for shipping and another 2,200 Yen for taxes and I was finding myself in the 25,000 Yen range. Now it was a good thing I limited myself to just these few figures as I did not want to find myself burning an unnecessary hole through my wallet anytime soon.

If you are reading this before the 6th of May, do yourself a favor and head on over to the Good Smile Online Shop and get your favorite figures at a 20% discount before the campaign ends! Of course, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to leave them in the comments section below. Until the next time, thank you so much for reading and have yourself a wonderful day ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts