Jolly Cooperation - Borderlands 3 (8)

 
 
Hello everyone, and welcome back to Tiro Finale for another chapter of Jolly Cooperation featuring Borderlands 3. It is hard to think that we are now eight chapters into this game and I have yet to complete the game. With 140 hours spent thus far with a good many of those hours being put into optimizing Moze's build for Mayhem 10, I thought there would not be much left to discover in terms of combat viability. That was until I stumbled upon a completely serendipitous moment that completely changed my outlook on Moze's weapons.
 
 
Whilst playing through the third DLC, Bounty of Blood, I found myself completely smitten by one of the game's new pistols. Said pistol was the, Peashooter, (as pictured above), a unique Jakobs revolver rewarded as part of completing the, Blood from Stone, quest. The quest itself is part of the main story and occurs fairly early on in the game so, obtaining the weapon is fairly easy. Deciding to try the weapon out for fun, I surprisingly found myself now being able to actually kill Mayhem 10 units!

If that may sound a little odd to you, bear with me. In regards to damage output, the build I am utilizing almost exclusively relies on utilizing the Iron Bear in dishing out ridiculous amount of damage numbers. One down side to this is that Moze herself is fairly weak in terms of gun damage output. But with the recent level cap increase to 65, I was able to allocate the 5 additional points towards amplifying my splash damage. This is best highlighted by the, Torgue Cross-Promotion, skill which greatly amplifies Moze and her Iron Bear's splash damage. 
Couple that with the Peashooter inherent explosive rounds and unique attribute where, every critical hit drops 3 mini explosives, and you have an explosive party every time you unload onto unsuspecting enemies. Normally a Vladof and Dahl weapons user, I then decided to revamp my entire arsenal with the goal of getting as much explosion and splash damage as possible. The end result are (from top to bottom), the Peashooter, Contained Blast, Flakker and Complex Root. All weapons which can easily kill me if I am not to careful especially the Complex Root which kills me even when I am!
With the arsenal refreshed, I set out looking to test my mettle against Mayhem 10 mobs with my new found power. The two areas which I decided to test out my combat capabilities were, Konrad's Hold on Pandora and the Voracious Canopy on Eden-6. The former in an effort to find a suitable Level 65 Flakker and the latter to kill Maxitrillion, a rare spawn enemy which was somehow listed as still being alive for me. 

To no surprise, I was able to dispatch most basic mob units with relative ease. Things did become a little bit trickier when I tried fighting Badass or Annointed enemies. This is where activating the Iron Bear helped greatly as I opted to go with the, Action Skill Active, annointments on my weapons which granted a 200% boost in weapon damage whenever my Iron Bear was active. 

Unfortunately, named enemies (such as Maxitrillion) and bosses still proved to be just a little too much of a bullet sponge for me to take on. Not only that, their damage outputs were far to high for me to hold off. In the end, summoning the Iron Bear made quick work of any enemies that my Moze could not handle. As Moze says, "I love my big ol' bear", which is an accurate description of how I feel whenever the Iron Bear easily rips though bosses and stronger enemies. 
 
While I was now able to clear out mobs on my own now, the problem was that I was dying a lot more often. Not because I was being killed by the enemies rather, because I was being killed by my own weapons, especially the Complex Root! In an effort to stop hemorrhaging funds, I have since changed my artifact to the Last Stand Deathless which would hopefully add another layer of survivability to Moze with the temporary invulnerability function. 
 
Aside from the newfound appreciation for expanded survivability, I also found myself looking more and more into Torgue weapons which primarily fire explosive projectiles. The best part is, Bounty of Blood (the third DLC) lies host to many new great and powerful Torgeu weapons. Next on the list is the Unkempt Harold, a weapon that I have already found but, have to yet to find one with suitable anointment for. 

At the end of the day, while I could have continued to rely upon my Iron Bear for damage output, it would have been no where as fun as things are at the moment. As I try to experiment with new weapons and ways to safely set of closer and closer proximity explosions, I find myself reinvigorated to play Borderlands 3. Next time, we will be covering my impressions of the third DLC (Bounty of Blood). Until then, thank you so much for reading and have yourself a wonderful day ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts