Moving to the Mountains

Hello everyone and welcome back to Tiro Finale! For the third time this year, I have moved to a new place of accommodation largely in part due to work. Despite the global pandemic that is going out, it would seem that my tendency to wander around almost unwillingly has seem to get the better of me once more. As usual, this would mean the whole tedious process of packing all of my belongings and bringing it along with me. This of course included my fellow Nesoberi(s), Tanya and Mami. And as you can see, Tanya look to be less than excited at the prospects of moving again once more.

With everything packed up, it was time to put my fluffy road trip companions with me in the passenger seat as my make the long drive down to my new place. Where my previous place of work was by the ocean side, the new locale would be far more landlocked and at a notably higher altitude. For this time, I will be moving to a mountainous town.

Moving from a sea side locale to one in the hilly valleys would require a considerable amount of traveling, 500 kilometers of it to be exact. Moreover, it would be over single lane country roads with only a very short course of it being over dual lane highways. With such a lengthy trip ahead, I made sure that conditions were as favorable as possible and making sure both myself and the car was properly taken care off prior to the trip.

I had never moved homes over such a distance via road ever before. As such, I was not going to take any chances to compromise the safety of the trip. Around the mid-way point, I made sure to stop by one of the many country towns for a quick lunch break. Driving long distances has typically not been much of an issue for me, even at distances in excess of five hundred kilometers. Nevertheless, the unknown variables such as the roads and wildlife meant that I had to take extra precaution is I was planning to make the trip as safely as possible.

After stopping for lunch, it was back on the road as I made the remaining half of the trip. While it was hard to objectively quantify if stopping midway was a good idea, I certainly felt like it was the right decision. Despite the quiet and sometime rather boring driving roads, I never once felt fatigued, tired or lost focus once throughout the trip. It just goes to show how important getting plenty of rest for long haul trips such as these are so important in ensuring a smooth an uneventful journey.

Equally important of course was my vessel of choice. Recently serviced and with all the necessary checks made prior to departure, I made sure my trusty Toyota was in optimal performing conditions throughout the entire journey. True enough, the car did not even break a sweat or showed any signs of stress throughout the entire trip. It even made for a very enjoyable trip whilst coasting along the windier segments of the country road. By the end of the trip, the entire front of my car was littered with dead bugs. Aside from unpacking, that was no doubt one of my top priorities to get too upon arriving at the new place.

Where my previous sea side accommodation was a lovely two bedroom apartment with a lovely ocean view, my new abode was a three bedroom single story house in the suburbs. For a single person, this was undoubtedly far too large for my needs. Whilst I am simply more accustomed to more compact living spaces, I guess I will have to learn to make use of all of this brand new living space that I have. With a healthy amount of outdoor space, I will be looking to incorporate some of it for my photography sessions as well.

With the long trip finally complete, it was time for Tanya and Mami to get acquainted to their new bed. While the two of them got around to whatever Nesoberi things they had to do, presumably plant a flag someplace hidden, I set about unpacking my own items. If there is one thing that moving frequently over these past 5 years has taught me, it is how to pack light. Only the essential and nothing superfluous, I have been able to travel around with all of my belongings fitting comfortably into my little white coupe. Often I even surprise myself at just how little I have to bring with me.

All of this is inclusive of my desktop PC which I bring with me wherever I go. The decision to go with a small form factor build is one that I never regret and the equally compact peripherals means they go with me where ever I go. The largest item is probably the 27 inch monitor of mine but, that is hardly much of an issue due to its slim proportions too.

Goods unpacked and Nesoberi(s) settled, it was time to call this new place home for the next three months. Already I have big goals for this new place including new keyboards projects! Unfortunately, original content will be running a little slow over the next two weeks as Takuya will be busy and I still have much to do to settle in this new town. Nevertheless, we will still do our best to keep regular content updates on Tiro Finale. As always, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to let me know in the comments section below. Until the next time, thank you so much for reading and have yourself a wonderful day ahead!
 

Comments

Popular Posts