Double UR - UR Maid Cafe Rin

Hello everyone and welcome to what is a rather momentous occasion in my School Idol Festival history. My first ever double UR and, surprisingly, it is not even Nozomi or Eli. Rather, it is Hoshizora Rin who also happens to be another personal favorite of mine! With two identical copies of the same UR Cafe Maid Rin, for once I will be able to idolize my non-promo UR without the use of stickers. 

Despite having played the game for several years, the number of Ultra Rares that I have to show for are not particularly much and it is even less when you subtract the promo-URs which are given out for free. Highlights from my collection certainly include the UR Birth Stones Eli and Nozomi and the more recent Idol Outfit Nozomi. 

I still remember this particular UR Rin very clearly as it was the UR available for Honor Scouting when I first started playing the game. Back then, Muse was the only group and Aqours had yet to be introduced into the Love Live Universe. Back then, I was a much poorer player with thoughts of URs being a distant dream. 

Despite many years having passed, the original UR Cafe Maid Rin still remains to be an indelible memory for me in this game especially since I had no clue about the rarity of these cards when I first started playing. Moreover, this remains to be one of my favorite UR designs for Rin with both the outfit and her expression perfectly encapsulating Rin's character!

I had contemplated fielding two UR Cafe Maid Rin(s) within the same squad but, I opted to try out Special Practice instead as I had never before idolized a UR member with two identical copies. Even if the benefits are debatable, this was an experience I did not want to miss out on!

Confirming the action, unveils the curtains on your newly idolized UR Rin. If the outfit looks familiar, that is because Alter's figure of Ayase Eli uses the outfit from this same series. While some might argue that Eli wears it better, it still looks very good on Rin too. 

With 100 levels to go through, a large number of practice members would be needed to hit that number. Fortunately, I had saved up a good number of White Alpacas as practice fodder. 

Unfortunately, even an ample amount of fodder does not prepare for the sheer number of Alpacas needed to level up an idolized UR member. Using 24 Alpacas only brings Rin up to Level 78. For the remaining 22 Levels, I relied upon N members in my member box which would otherwise be expiring soon. 

After a considerable amount of time, Rin finally hit Level 100 and because she was idolized using two identical copies, she also sported 5 Skill Slots. I decided to go with a 3 and 2 combination with one increasing the group's overall Smile point and another as a flat boost for Rin herself. If there wre 6 Skill Slots, things would certainly be much better. 

When looking at UR cards, they certainly stand head and shoulders over their other brethren, SSR members included. There is indeed a greater level of detail and finish put into each of these cards which make unlocking them each and every time pure bliss. 

With that, my Smile Team then sees the addition of a new permanent member. Unless it ever comes to the day when I have more than 9 Smile UR members, I would probably never have to relinquish Rin from my squad. 

With that little bit of history out of the way, it is now time for me to take one step back and head back into the game. If anything, I am most certainly curious about your experience. Have you ever had a double UR? If not, which would you like it to be? Let us know in the comments section below. Until the next time, thank you so much for reading and have yourself a wonderful day ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts