Let’s Make Everything Female!


First off, no. This is not some SJW or PC post about righting the world’s wrongs by converting everything that is valued, both real and fake, into some sort of empowering statement for the female gender. This is also not some sort of sardonic piece about the state of the current age and the overall politics that will shape the human race for generations to come.
I’m talking about anime girls.
I mean, obviously right?
So, I’m sure most of you realise that there’s a thing about anime that if you include lots of tits and ass on your anime chicks and toss in a couple of harems and ecchi scenes, you’d probably have a high chance to sell merchandise to the diehard male fans who would want to proceed through their fantasies with your 2D creations. That is not new.
But over the last few years, that trope or even stereotype has gotten so overused that creators have thought of something novel. Why stop at sexualising original anime chicks? Why not sexualise chicks that already exist? And, to be clear, I’m not talking about doujinshi. I’m talking about using real life people (say…Joan of Arc) and turning them into a bishoujo character.
But wait! Why stop there? We don’t even have enough females! Let’s just take some male characters and turn them into females! Thus, the umu-loving emperor was born. Are we done now? Nay! For if we can turn males into females, we must certainly be able to turn inanimate objects into females! Let us call that series Kancolle!
Don’t get me wrong, I thought that was stupid too. Ships into bishoujo females? Really? I didn’t buy into the whole nonsense. But then Hamakaze was born and all was forgiven. I’m a simple person at the end of the day.
I am by no means fighting this system. I don’t particularly think that the people who get into this get into it for all the wrong reasons as are being shouted by the SJWs and PCs. But I’m starting to notice the same problem with the previous trope/stereotype: it’s getting overused. Overusing is natural in the world, especially because where there is money or fame to be had, everyone will want to try their hand with it. But the novelty of the idea (if anyone thinks it even deserves to be considered as such) is getting a tad bit old and I’m curious as to what the next trendy thing will be.

PS. This is just a short piece on something that came to mind. Pay it no heed if you find it too sensitive. Happy Holidays!

Comments

Popular Posts