Souvenirs from Sapporo

Hello everyone and welcome back to our month long Sapporo Snow Festival special on Tiro Finale. Most recently, we revisited one of my favorite hobby stores in Japan, Mandarake Sapporo, and left with an unexpectedly large bag of goodies from the hobby mecca.I say unexpected because my initial survey of the Sapporo store's inventory using Mandarake Online Store did not yield much of interest. Little did I know, the treasure trove of merchandise just waiting for me in the snowy wonderland. 

Of course, no haul while away would not be complete without souvenirs for my closest friends. In fact, a good fifty percent of the items I purchase were actually souvenirs! Kicking things off, we have a Gunpla that was not actually purchased from Mandarake but, Bic Camera, the day before. Getting it for a close friend and fellow Gunpla hobbyist, I always make sure to get him a simple kit or two whenever I make a trip to Japan. That and the fact, that I love to feature Gunpla here on this blog whenever the opportunity arises. 

Next up, we have this adorable prize figure of Shinobu, And, yes, you guessed it. This donut-loving loli-vampire figure is destined to be added to the collection of non-other than one of our resident writer and long-time Monogatari fan, Takuya. If you are unaware of Takuya, he is the one responsible for some our more entertaining rant articles and video game impression articles. Hopefully he likes it!

The next souvenir was one that was a little tricky and was destined for our other main writer here on Tiro Finale. Tricky as my limited luggage space meant that my original plan of getting a Hanamaru prize figure flew completely out of the window. Shinobu was still largely manageable as her box was fairly small but, every Hanamaru prize figure I had come across had a huge box! The huge box is a story for another day but, after a good bit of searching later, I did finally stumble across a lovely Hanamaru acryclic character stand. Feeling that the stand along would not suffice, I also threw in this sweet Girls und Panzer tee that certainly would have looked like any other ordinary tee-shirt to people who were not familiar with the series.

How often do you come across any Bleach merchandise anymore these days? So when I found this Bleach clear file while rummaging through the piles of clear files in Mandarake, I was immediately reminded of a close friend of mine who was a big fan of the series. It may only cost 150 Yen but, it felt like such a big discovery for me! 

Speaking of clear files, here is what 5,000 Yen worth of clear files look like. Yes, I did go a little overboard with these. But Love Live x Powerpuff Girls collaboration merchandise are so hard to come by that I just had to collect them. Not to mention, the comic style art on the clear file actually chronicles Muse's journey throughout the entire two seasons of Love Live! Expensive? Yes. But, oh so worth it!

Flipping through, I also managed to come across several Madoka Magica clear files. A good portion of them were ones that I already had in my collection until I stumbled upon this sweet and simple clear file for the Rebellion feature film. It did not cost too much and the fact that it featured Nagisa as well makes for a pretty lovely clear file. 

Did you think my Gudako-fandom had subsided? Well, it has not! In fact, one of the first files I pulled out from the pile was this FGO: Learning with Manga one. The special part is, these illustrations are all based off Hokkaido's most popular attractions be, it wildlife, history or produce. And Gudako smacking Mashu with a salmon already makes it worth it. Do not question my decisions, just don't. 

Before I go off on a tangent and reveal all there is from my Mandarake Sapporo haul, I will have to do as Eli describes a put a stop to it! That will be a post for another day as I will be dedicating an entire segment for a Mandarake Sapporo. Think of the clear files as a little teaser of what is to come. So far, we are only a third of a way through our month long special so, do stay tuned for a lot more exciting content lined up for you. Until the next time, thank you so much for reading and I hope to see you again next time!

Comments

Popular Posts