The Wonderful Hobby Life For You!! 29 (Most Interesting Picks)


Hey ya'll! I'm back! Or am I? Who knows at this point. I don't even know whether I'll live to see tomorrow but existentialism aside, who wants to talk figures?

The Wonderful Hobby Life For You!! 29 or W.H.L.4.U.29 for short (I'll probably just say 'event') happened rather recently and showcased a few cool new things that I'm going to talk about today. I say 'most interesting picks' because I don't necessarily want anything but I'm down with discussing it nonetheless.


Firstly, Persona! There are a bunch of prototype figures already in the works and these Joker/Crow/Queen/Oracle bundles seems to be, at least to me, a little of a fanbase pandering move (which is obviously how they sell figures). I mean, I love Persona 5 but to make a figure of Queen and Oracle (and name the bundle after the former) and to exclude the other two girls is quite like saying 'here is the waifu'. I don't want that! Persona's charm is choosing your own best girl! But again, the fans love these two and thus, they will be made. Why is Crow there? He's best boy, that's why.


As you can tell, I'm not quite interested in Persona figures (mostly because there's too many to collect since I probably need all of them) but I do have a soft spot for nendoroids. I entered the industry not wanting nendos at all but their charm wore me down. And guess what? HARU OKUMURA is being made into a nendo!! The true best girl of the series!! Why is this fantastic? Because unfortunately, Haru has been seen as the least favourite of all the women due to the lack of time given to develop her personality. But I don't care! My girl is getting her nendo! Oh, and there's Ryuji too I guess.


Moving on from Persona, and I know some people will not expect this, but let's move to Marvel for a second. Did ya'll know they're making Marvel nendoroids now? Of course you do! I'm not one to rush out for them but I am a fan of the MCU's Captain America and of course, we have the Civil War version all painted and ready. I am a fan of his beard for the movie and thus, that makes for a great selling point though fitting a beard into a cutesy nendo is something entirely different. Did it work? I'm not quite convinced yet.


Also! I'm quite sure most of you have heard of our Great Lord Cthulhu. Well, you'd be happy to know he's getting a majorly detailed figure version that can probably sit on my entire table top without much trouble. Now, this is just one version of Him but I am very impressed with the amount of detail going into it. Of course, the image just screams for an empty wallet but one can gawk with appreciation without having to dig around for loose change every once in a while.


Finally, why are we having this? Who wants Erwin? People still really love Attack on Titan? I mean, I still follow it but I've gotten too invested to back out now. I suppose women want him to swing around their rooms.

Honestly, I gave the whole catalog a look through but only the ones I mentioned here caught my eye, some for the wrong reasons clearly. It'll be interesting to see what next time holds for this hobby of ours.

Comments

Popular Posts