SIF: Nozomi Birthday Scouting

Hello everyone and welcome back to Tiro Finale. In celebration of Nozomi's birthday every year on the 9th of June, KLab would host a special Nozomi Birthday celebration centered around several special scouting opportunities including a Nozomi-only Step-Up Scouting and Limited Box. Together with the special scouting, there are also the special Birthday Limited URs up for grabs which are not available at any other time of the year, making these particular scouts extra special for Nozomi fans.

Where the Limited Boxes are aimed at players who would like to get both past and present Birthday Limited UR Nozomi(s). There are also the Step-Up scouting boxes which also have Nozomi UR(s) from the past with an added bonus for the original Birthday UR Nozomi. In my case, I have been focused on collecting Nozomi's standard UR roster and had yet to begin collection of the Birthday UR(s). Hence, I decided to invest my Love Gems in the Step Up boxes instead. Not to mention, the likelihood of spending far less Love Gems in return for a higher payoff.
 
The base Step-Up Scouting for Nozomi is a 6 step process with a flat 3% UR rate throughout. All 6 guarantee an SR per scout with varying percentages of SSR(s) throughout the way. In my first scout, I managed to get off to a very good start with 2 SSR(s) and five SR(s). No UR in sight just yet but, this is certainly a better start than most of my scouting experiences. 

The results in Step 2 were not as convincing as I dropped down to only a single SSR with three other SR(s) in tow. At this point, I had already collected most of the available Nozomi SR and SSR that had been released and these extra copies would just serve to either idolize them to max slots of to improve upon their skill levels. 

Third time is the charm when I finally managed to pull my first UR Nozomi of the draw. Step 3 has the exact same odds as the first two steps but, with the added bonus of a guaranteed SSR or above drop.

Which in my case, turned out to be a UR rather than an SSR as the only other high tier Nozomi I managed to scout was an additional SR. The remainder of the scouted Nozomi(s) were simple R cards. While I may already have an idolized Idol Outfit Nozomi (the UR above), this will not doubt go on to bolster what is currently the center of my score focused Smile Team. 

Step 4 has a 90% SR rate and that was clear as day here with all the 11 Nozomi scouted being of the SR rarity. The fact that 8 of them were labeled "New" just meant I really needed to get around to idolizing all of my idle SR Nozomi(s) waiting in the Present Box. 

I certainly proved to be fifth time lucky as I finally hit the jackpot with a UR After School Activity Nozomi. Out of the three limited UR Nozomi(s) available for scouting in this event, this was probably the one I sought after the most. 

The best part is, Step 5 had exactly identical scouting rates as Step 1, 2 and 3 with only a 3% chance of scouting a UR. Things were certainly looking up for me as we moved into the sixth and final step. 

The sixth step of the scouting would guarantee a UR drop and it came as no surprise when it was another copy of the After School Activity Nozomi. After all, this did have a 50% drop rate increase over the other Nozomi UR(s). 

The Limited UR already come pre-idolized so, additional copies put towards Special Practice will be used to increase their number of skill slots. Also worth noting are the two additional SSR Nozomi that were obtained as part of the sixth step which is actually really good especially when you consider that there is only a 7% chance of getting one. 

Upon completion of the sixth step of the "Guaranteed UR" Step Up scouting, it would disappear from the options list of Nozomi scouting. Wanting to push my luck a little, I decided to give the standard Step Up a shot in hopes of at least getting one more UR Nozomi. 

Drop rates wise, the normal Nozomi Step Up scouting has almost identical drop rates with the exception of there being no guaranteed UR on the sixth step and the rates become a fixed 20% SR, 7% SSR and 3% UR after the fifth step. For the first step, I only managed to get three SR Nozomi which was a little disappointing. 

Though, all of that seemed to let up in step 2 where I finally got the fourth UR Nozomi I was looking for. The Ice Cream UR Nozomi has always been a sore point for me as I once had to spend a lot of Love Gems only to come up empty while scouting for her.

Together with one other SR, Ice Cream Nozomi was finally part of the team and she would soon play an integral part of building a stronger Cool Team. 

I was not sure if the normal Nozomi Step Up was limited to 5 scouts so, I decied to try out the remaining 3 steps to see how things would pan out. Step 3 yield a single SSR and two SR which was par the course of what you would expect with those odds.

Step 4 had a 90% SR scout rate but this time, it was punctuated by a single SSR Nozomi. I have lost count of how many copies of the Instrument SSR Nozomi I have scouted till present. No doubt she would be a very high level SSR member at this point. 

For the fifth step, I hobble home with only 2 SSR(s) scouted and a remainder of R(s). At this point, I found out that the Step Up could be done an infinite number of time with anything past the fifth step using the same rates as the fifth step (20% SR, 7% SSR, 3% UR). 

With 472 Love Gems left in the account, I could certainly go for more Nozomi scouting if I was so inclined to. In fact, I was certainly guaranteed the Birthday UR for this year too seeing as how I had 218 Green Scouting Tickets in tow as well. Nevertheless, I reminded myself to not be too greedy as four UR were more than enough for me and I had not even gotten around to training my CN Exclusive Nozomi yet. Keeping that in mind, I made the wiser choice to hold on to my Love Gems and save it back up again for another time.

What about you? Did you have any luck scouting during this celebration? Or are you waiting for the birthday celebration of your own favorite member too? Let me know what you think in the comments section below. Until then, thank you so much for reading and have yourself a wonderful day ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts