Jolly Coopeartion - Borderlands 3 (6)

Hello everyone and welcome back to Tiro Finale for another chapter of Jolly Cooperation featuring Borderlands 3. Yes, I know. I promised to cover DLC 2 in this chapter of Jolly Cooperation. Fortunately or unfortunately, halfway through our playthrough of the second Borderlands 3 DLC, the fourth DLC was announced, Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Flustercluck. Together with the usual slew of new gear, weapons and campaign, the fourth story DLC also raised the level cap to level 65, five more than the current cap of 60.

Rather than continue with the campaign for DLC 2 and unlock less than max level unique gear and weapons, the entire party decided it would be best that we put a hold on the game while waiting for the new DLC to be release and with it the new raised level cap. The plan was to hit the new level cap (65) and then, continue the DLC unimpeded where we would be able to unlock all story-based uniqes as their max possible level and Mayhem modifiers included.

Of course, the five additional levels also meant having 5 more skill points to allocate. Up until this point, my build has been made surrounding reliance on Moze's Iron Bear skill and the careful allocation of all 60 available skill points. Another five points may not sound like much but, it was more than enough to change the power balance of things making some builds less viable than others especially on Mayhem 10 difficulty.

First, we had to reach said Level 65. While I was concerned that it may have been a difficult ordeal at first, it turned out to be much easier than expected. As a whole, we decided the best way to gain experience quickly was by playing the Cistern of Slaughter mission. Initially concerned about the higher leveled enemies and the challenge they would bring, we ended up wiping the map clean with little to no issue and most of us still relying on our Level 60 gear (albeit with very good Mayhem 10 augments). Two clean rounds of the Cistern of Slaughter and we were up to Level 65 and the accompanying "Loot-splosion" Mayhem modifier also provided a healthy dose of Level 65 unique equipment.

With a new level cap also comes the need to farm all of our gear all over again. This includes weapons, shields and mods but mostly, weapons who see the biggest power spike in those five levels. While I did feel a little sad that I had to relinquish a good amount of my old gear, I could at least take solace in knowing that my character was not too gun-dependent as the main bulk of Moze's damage, in my build, comes from her Iron Bear mech. 

Earlier I mentioned the five new skill points which meant whole new allocations rather than just adding points into existing skill slots. Here is a quick look at the build that I was using at Level 60 Mayhem 10. As far as mods are concerned, I would switch between two, Bear Trooper and Rocketeer.

I was truly satisfied with the Iron Bear skill build that I utilized not just for its raw damage output but, also because of its flexibility. While I would use the railguns as my main weapon for dispatching both mobs and bosses, I could at anytime also swap it out to some other weapon (rocket launcher or chain gun) as long as I made sure both of them were matching weapons to keep a certain damage bonus.

It did take me a little bit of time and research before I finally concocted an upgraded version of this existing build which would sacrifice some degree of survivability with the trade off of dealing potentially more damage. As you can see, the build I had been using does not utilize any of Moze's capstones as would the new build.

One of the most painful things that was incurred whenever it was time to respec was the cost, 10% of your total bank. Which in this case, was a pretty hefty sum! As such, I made sure to spend all of my existing bank on the new SDU before hitting that respec.

Not at Level 65 with brand new gear and more skill points put in, it was now time to continue DLC 2 with the rest of the party!

I was still on the hunt for new unique guns but, was fortunate enough to get at pretty decent Lyuda and Nemesis whilst playing the Cistern of Slaughter. Playing the resident Moze player, I was ready for more gun action.

With four members in the party, we all played a specific member of the Borderlands 3 quarter. Our very own Tiro Finale write, Lance, plays Zane, the Operative.

Our most experienced and long term Borderlands 3 players was the resident Amara, constantly pushing head long into action as the head of the team. The only thing missing at this point was our Flak player. Unfortunately, his system was plagued with issues and together with scheduling conflicts meant that we had not been able to find the time to continue the second DLC together.

Just when things were beginning to align, we have hit several more hurdles in our path to completing the second DLC. Nevertheless, I am actively working on helping everyone out to get their game up and running as smoothly as possible so that we may once more continue this Jolly Cooperation. Hopefully next week, I will be able to bring you the good news and my impressions of the entirety of the second DLC. Until then, thank you so much for reading and have yourself a wonderful day ahead!
 

Comments

Popular Posts