Tomoe Mami Trinket Wishlist


Hello everyone and welcome back to Tiro Finale! At the beginning of the week, I made a list of my most wanted Nesoberi(s) and one particular plushy on that list was Mami's Nesoberi. Which got me thinking of a list dream shopping list of all the upcoming and recently released Mami trinkets that I would like to get my hands on. Of course with the ongoing global situation, that has made acquiring these new trinkets a little more difficult than usual in no small part to not being able to flight.

Nevertheless, that did not stop me from being able to make up my imaginary list of Mami trinkets that I am looking forward to adding to the collection. Aside from Mami's Nesoberi, she actually had a plushy released way back in 2018 known as the Mochi Kororin. I believe these were sold as blind boxes as a part of 6 possible options including Charlotte. Till this date, I have yet to actually see her on the re-sellers market. AmiAmi has a full set of 6 listed for 5,380 Yen which makes one of approximately 900 Yen. Certainly going to have to keep an eye out for this one in the my future hunts!

Thanks to the recent Magia Record anime, the original Magica Quartet has been getting a whole host of new merchandise too. One such company which has been churning out new trinkets for the girls are Cospa. Known mostly for their licensed apparel, Cospa also makes a variety of high quality rubber straps. In fact, one of the better ones in the entire market too. This classic Mami rubber strap was actually re-issued once more in May 2020 and I would certainly like to add it to my collection as well. Best part, just 660 Yen.

The other Cospa Mami charm that I am really looking forward to is the Holy Mami one. Rather than a rubber strap, this one is available as an acrylic keychain which is starting to become very popular among collectors. I hope Cospa would make one as a rubber strap too. As per most acrylic charms, they do cost a little more too at 880 Yen. A little pricey but, there are only a handful of Holy Mami merchandise in the market which makes this a worthy addition nonetheless.

Ever wondered what Mami would look like as a shrine maiden? Well, wonder no more as she has been immortalized in that form together with the rest of the Magica Quartet as rubber strap. Released by Crocodile in October 2019, this Mami shrine maiden can be purchased for only 600 Yen. I was looking forward to adding her to the collection during my summer trip to Japan this year. But evidently, that did not happen. Next time for sure!

On the topic of acrylic charms, acrylic character stands are also becoming very popular. Chara-Ani released one of Mami dressed in a Jack'o Lantern back in 2018. Together with the Nagisa variant, I have trying to source a copy of them each with no luck. Certainly one that I will be keeping a close eye out for in my next trip. 

The next item on the list is also an acrylic character stand but, one of a more comical nature. This particular Mami is the one as seen in the Magia Record 4koma comic which resonates the fears of the 30 years old Mami in the spinoff magazine as well. The stand itself was released in October 2019 costing 990 Yen. For the life of me, I cannot remember if I have already added this trinket to my collection. Nevertheless, I would be more than happy to add another copy into my collection.

Rubber straps, charms and character stands are not the only merchandise I will be looking out for. I have always wanted to add a Mami lanyard type card holder into my collection for a while now. The largest issue is I have always found the designs rather lackluster.

Until now as a new series of Madoka Magica illustrations have been brought to life with a new series of merchandise. These new illustrations encompass the entire Magica Quartet lineup including Nagisa. The best part about these illustration are their Aoki Ume inspired drawing style which certainly evokes a very special feel to it. This particular card holder is manufactured by Arma Bianca and will be released in August 2020. Each one costs 1,980 Yen, roughly the price you would expect to pay for an item like this.

Aside from the card holder, these series of illustrations have also been applied to other merchandise such as mugs and phone cases. I have a particular affinity for Mami glasses and mugs so, this is one that I would be keeping an eye out for. The mugs cost 1,560 Yen each which is a little on the high side. I wonder if prices will drop once they are available in the resellers market?

There are certainly many more Mami and Nagisa trinkets that I have yet to add to the collection despite my ever growing collection. This list is certainly non-exhaustive and there are good number of older Mami trinkets that I even have trouble finding listing information about. In the meantime, these are certainly on the higher order of priorities to get. When will the time I will finally be able to make a trip down to Japan to do more shopping? That is a question even I do not have any answer to but, hopefully, it is not for much longer. Until then, thank you so much for reading and have yourself a wonderful day ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts