SIF: Winter Holiday Series Limited Scouting


Hello everyone and welcome back to Tiro Finale! In celebration of SIF hitting 50 million players worldwide, KLab is showing its love for the players by introducing a special series limited UR scouting which features a new tier of UR cards. More about the new tier of URs in a bit. For those of you wondering, yes, I do still actively play SIF. Perhaps not as much as I used too over the past year but, I certainly could not pass up the opportunity to add more UR Nozomi(s) into the collection. Especially with this new scouting option featuring one of my personal favorite UR Nozomi.

Aside from the new signed UR cards, the series limited scouting is also special in that it features milestone rewards. Every 11 Scout done will yield 25 Sugar Cubes or exactly 1,250 LP when utilized. While every fifth 11 Scout will guarantee a UR from the featured series! In this case, I was scouting within the Winter Holiday series which would yield either a UR Nozomi or Eli in their Christmas outfits. While I already had both UR(s), the option to get them signed and an almost certainty of multiple copies was simply too hard for me to pass up upon. With some Love Gems saved up since my last scout, it was time to expand them and count my lucky stars while doing it.

Things were not looking too hot to start with as I yielded the statistically worst possible pull on the first try. Only netting a single SR Maki, this was the absolute rock bottom of scouting pulls possible. The only upside I could see to this was that the SR Maki was actually a new member to the collection.

Going for another pull, I yielded a slightly better result this time. But in the grand scheme of things, was only slightly better than the first pull. An SR Honoka and Hanayo were now added to my ever growing list of SR members in my Present Box waiting to be collected, idolized and trained. There was still many scouting chances ahead so, it was pertinent that I remained positive.

Third time is the charm! My Winter Holiday Nozomi UR finally arrived on the third pull. I honestly had not been this excited about a red envelope in a long time. Considering this would be my second copy of the UR Christmas Nozomi, I was keen to explore the full potential of this UR with fully unlocked School Idol Skill slots.

Aside from Nozomi's signature, these UR actually come pre-idolized too. While the skills remain the same, having the member pre-idolized is a massive boost when it comes to saving resources. If you like, you may also revert to a the pre-idolized version and the signature remains still on the card itself.

This being my first ever signed UR, I was pretty excited to add her to the collection. Considering the fact that I have yet to idolize my previous UR Christmas Nozomi, this would mean that I would be able to utilize the signed version as the primary card with additional copies being put forth to increase skill levels and slots.

Luck continued to be one my side with Nozomi coming home once more on the fourth pull. If memory serves me right, this was the first time I have ever gotten a back to back UR from a non-boosted rates Scout 11. What are the odds?!

In fact, the overall pull was very good yielding an additional SR Honoka and SSR Maki. This made it the second copy of the SR Christmas Honoka which would make idolizing her down the line much simpler too.

Having completed four Scout 11(s), I was now eligible for a guaranteed featured UR on the fifth Scout 11. There was also the added benefit of having netted 100 Sugar Cubes. That would be more than enough to fund my event exploits for several months to come.

While I was silently hoping to get a UR Eli, it turned out to be another UR Nozomi. Either option would have been fine with me and I was more than happy to have another UR Nozomi in the collection.

Together with the guaranteed UR, the other members of the pull were also pretty good. A SSR Umi accompanying two identical SR Kotori. What did I like aside from pulling multiple UR Nozomi in just 5 Scout 11(s)? Not having to worry about finding identical copies of the new SRs I have just gotten.

The three UR Christmas Nozomi make their way into my Present Box joining a one additional copy of it from a time when I had scouted her earlier. Usually I collect my URs in chronological order but, with the season drawing so close to Christmas, I figured I could expedite things a little for her.

I also conveniently happened to have the perfect accompanying background for Nozomi's Christmas shopping apparel too. It is a bit of a shame that we are still unable to pose paired URs together. Though, I do not think that will be a feature added into the game anytime soon despite paired URs being a thing in the All Stars game.

Both the un-idolized and idolized UR Nozomi have different unique lines, as it turns out. I ended up going for the idolized version as I felt it suited the background I had chosen a little better. While there was an opportunity to scout five more times and get another guaranteed UR, I made the decision to hold back and save those hard earned 250 Love Gems. Knowing that there will be other limited series scouting available, I made the decision to conserve my Love Gems for UR Nozomi that I have yet to have in the collection. Especially those that I have yet to collect thus, being able to fully utilize the signed version. 

So do stay tuned for that as I am fairly sure I will be putting the remainder of my Love Gems to good use soon. Until then, thank you so much for reading and have yourself a wonderful day ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts