Kingdom Hearts 3 Preview!


I am sadly not important enough to be considered as the lucky few who got a chance to experience Kingdom Hearts 3. I’m sure you’ve seen it by now; the KH3 news and previews. The general consensus online are that the game looks, plays and feels great but there are those who are adamant that the game plays like KH normally does but suffers from the same faults as before. They’re sure that most other previewers feel the same way but for some reason or another, decided to praise the game endlessly regardless.


I haven’t tried the game myself so I can’t give any fitting commentary but from the countless videos I’ve seen, I can only offer my observations. And to me, it looks pretty damn good. We’ve come a long way from the PS2 days and KH3 looks like the best iteration yet.

The graphics are phenomenal, the track is as KH as it gets and the gameplay looks incredibly smooth. Sure, the button mashing and craziness on the screen are still evident but that’s never a minus in my opinion. I love how smooth Sora can go from magic casting, to link attacks, to everything else.


The transitions in the environment are also seamless now with wide-open areas to allow for a lot of leeway to play the game the way you want to play without many pause screens in between areas. Huge environments can be considered a bad thing depending on how it's implemented but seeing Sora run along the streets in Toy Story or explore the different floors in the toy shop rubs me the right way.

The varied mechanics (what with the Disney theme park rides) add interesting twists to a game that could always capture the magic Disney dishes out.


I feel that people are either expecting too much of a change out of something originally marketed to just children (and still cater wholly to them) or they're just jumping to conclusions having tried only a small portion of the game. I'm not saying the game is perfect but as a fan, it certainly looks to be far better than the previous entry but still new enough to feel like a new entry for the Kingdom Hearts series.

Comments

Popular Posts