Emontoys Kusanagi Motoko Preview

Hello everyone and welcome back to Tiro Finale. Recently Netflix finally unveiled the wraps of their much awaited Ghost in the Shell project by releasing the first teaser trailer and official poster for Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2045. Aside from revealing the timeline of events taking place 15 years after the original Stand Alone Complex, it also showcased within its 50 second trailer that the new anime series, animated by Production IG and Sola Digital Arts, would be a full CG affair. 

Immediately, the internet responded to this radical new take on a much beloved and critically acclaimed series in Stand Alone Complex. With many expressing their distaste and disappointment with the animation and character design for Major aka Kusanagi Motoko. While I will reserve my judgement for April next year when the series finally is released, the sudden mention of Ghost in the Shell quickly perked my memory to a figure that I had wanted to feature during my last trip to Wonder Festival. 

Emontoys may be a relatively new player in the premium scale figure market but, they have already started making waves with their lineup of unique and high quality figures. One such figure also happened to be the highlight of my time in Wonder Festival this year, the 1/7 scale Kusanagi Motoko SAC 2nd GIG version. 

This is a figure that I have been keeping a close eye on ever since Emontoys announced that they would be making a Ghost in the Shell figure. My interest was piqued even further when the silhouette revealed it to be the Major from Stand Alone Complex, who also happens to be my all time favorite iteration of Motoko. 

Finally in the halls of Makuhari Messe, I made my way to the Emontoys booth with cautious optimism especially since Motoko figures are rather far and few in between. As such, I was really hoping that Emontoys would be able to get it right just like Union Creative did with their excellent Hdge Motoko

Finally seeing the unpainted prototype in the flesh, I breathed a sigh of relief. For now, everything short of paint, seems to have been finished to a very high level. The proportions are just right and coupled with a dynamic pose featuring her Seburo M5, it certainly looked very, very good. The only thing left on the table was the paint and price because, otherwise, this is certainly an instant pre-order from my end of things.

While I am aware that a painted version has surfaced in a few hobby shows since, the initial pictures are not of the best quality which makes judging the final product a little tough. Nevertheless, I remain optimistic that Emontoys will be able to deliver on the paint and finish side of things as I had seen with their upcoming Super Sonico China Dress version, another figure that I am strongly considering getting. Until then, thank you so much for reading and have yourself a wonderful day ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts