Love Live x OUTDOOR

Hello everyone and welcome back to Tiro Finale. Today, we will be taking a look at one item that I missed out from my recent Tokyo Summer Haul. As I begun to slowly diversify my collection from just figures and rubber straps, I find myself on the hunt for more and more practical goods such as stationary, glassware and even apparel. One such item is this Love Live x OUTDOOR mini gym bag that I acquired from my recent Tokyo trip. 

Spotted in Mandarake Nakano at the exact same time and place where I found my Sanrio x Love Live tote bag was this much sough after collaboration between Love Live and popular bag manufacturer, Outdoor Products. Similar to the Sanrio bag, I was very much aware of the existence of these products but their Japan-exclusive nature made it very difficult to even source one of these to begin with. 

So when the opportunity finally presented itself in Mandarake, I wasted no time to secure this as part of the collection. Despite this bag costing exactly the same price as its recommended retail price, this was something I knew I had to secure in a heartbeat as an opportunity like this would not present itself ever again in all likelihood. On top of that, I had also forgotten to bring my usual travel bag with me so, this happened to be the perfect replacement for the occasion. 

Aside from having large carrying handles like all traditional gym bag designs, this bag also sported two rings at each end of the bag to allow for a strap to be hooked on. The included strap is extremely helpful as it means I would have both my hands free at all times. While doing a great job of spreading the load especially when I was carrying around a water bottle and my camera. Unfortunately, the provided strap is a simple black polyester one providing little in the way of grip or comfort. It does the job but, just. 

Together with the hoops, the main opening of the bag is secured with two zips allowing you to open it from a variety of locations and sizes. The zips also have fairly large tassels which mean opening the bag in winter weather with gloves on would be little of an issue. 

A common problem with gym bags regardless of size is the way weight is distributed when multiple items are placed within the bag. The fact that most gym bags hold little in any way of form does not help with the load distribution either. One solution around it, which better bag manufacturers are aware of, is to have the main strap wrap around a good portion of the side of the bag. Notice how the black strap stitches all the way to the bottom of the bag? This ensures that the load is evenly distributed throughout the bag as much as it can be when held from those straps. Neat, right?

Inside the bag, you have a single extra compartment with a zipper where you can put smaller items such as keys and coins in. I found it to be the perfect place to put my keys, lip gloss and passport whilst traveling. Not only does it act like an added layer of security against any prying hands, it also prevents your loose items from shifting around too much. 

Take a closer look inside the bag and you will find the official tag of authentication together with a hologram sticker for the Love Live franchise. I actually had not noticed this tag in place until I had to flip the bag inside out to wash it. Not that I had any doubts about the authenticity of the product to begin with nevertheless, nice touch!

There are a few Outdoor badges here and there but, nothing too much or in your face. This is very much a case of, those who know, know. And it is exactly why I love this product so much. Unlike your typical anime apparel collaborations, those involving Outdoor Products are often very subtle. Their implementation on this bag is one that also happens to be absolutely spot on. 

Fans of the original Love Live series would be able to instantly recognize the connection between this bag and the series lying in each character's signature charm/logo. While to the average onlooker, this is just a simple black gym bag with colorful logos plastered all over it. Charming to both groups, I am sure. And for the former, perfect for everyday use whilst not being too loud. 

Outdoor Products are also known for their durability and there are some of you who might be worried about the durability of these logos. Taking a closer look, we can see that the printing is of high quality and permeates the individual polyester fibers. What this means is that the printing is more likely to withstand the test of time as compared to cheaper prints which are at times simply just stickers over the surface. 

Now before I forget, there is a reason this particular bag was omitted in my initial haul post and that was because then, it had just seen 5 days of very heavy use over a hot summer trip. Over the time, it had collected a fair deal of dust and sweat and I had wanted to wash it properly before featuring it on the blog. Now that I have, it is the perfect time to give it the spotlight it deserves. One trip down with no issue, I look forward to bring this bag with me on my future adventures. 

With that, we come to the end of this quick bag review. Perhaps the first ever on Tiro Finale? If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask them in the comments section below. Until then, thank you so much for reading and have yourself a wonderful day ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts