Tomoe Mami Wishlist: 2021 Edition

Hello everyone and welcome back to Tiro Finale, the home of all things Tomoe Mami. At the end of my last Tomoe Mami haul post, I mentioned compiling a list of Tomoe Mami figures that I have yet to add to the collection. Despite the topsy-turvy year that it has been, I am still infinitely glad that I was able to add not one but, two of my much sought after Mami dolls to the collection. Nevertheless, there are still several rare Mami pieces out there that have evaded me over these years. As this tumultuous year comes to an end, I have decided to put together this list of all the remaining Tomoe Mami figures that I have yet as a means of aiding me in focusing my collection for the coming new year. By extension, this list also includes prize figure, trading figures and doll-figure hybrids.

Starting off the list is Bandai's Tomoe Mami Cake Topper figure, a figure which has evaded me for the better part of 2 years. In fact, this is the very first subject of my Tomoe Mami wishlist series as I closed in collecting every Mami figure that has ever been officially released. As the name suggests, this figure actually sits atop a cake. For more details about this one of a kind Mami figure, check out my detailed article on it here. Throughout my 2 year hunt, I have only ever seen it pop up on Mandarake once where it promptly sold out before I even had the chance to respond to it.

Putting the past aside, let us instead take a look at figure that have been on my radar but have yet to be compiled into a list. Starting in order of ascending value, we have Takara Tomy's Koedarize Tomoe Mami. Released in December 2013 as part of Takara Tomy's now defunct line of mini-trading figures, Koedarize, this is one Mami figure that I have yet to see on sale both online or in stores. Much like the Cake Topper Mami figure which was launched way back when, this figure's rarity is largely attributed to its age. Couple that with the fact that trading figures are usually never categorized as part of online sales, the best way of really getting one is by actually rummaging through the physical stores of re-sellers such as Mandrake and Lashinbang. No luck thus far and even less still this year. Nevertheless, I will keep my eyes peeled out for it.

From one trading figure to another, we have Toy's Works/Chara-Ani's Niitengo swimsuit series of mini-trading figures of the Madoka Magica girls. Initially released in 2015 as part of the Rebellion movie, these mini-figures were released either as individual sealed packages or a complete set of of six. Since I only wanted Mami, I elected to wait and see if I could get her as a standalone. While I did manage to find her in Larshinbang during my time in Tokyo, I could not justify parting with 1,000 Yen solely for Mami alone.

Further down the line, the Niitengo swimsuit series was actually re-released. This time with the addition of a sixth "special" figure which just happened to be Mami with Bebe. Mami sports a winking expression this time and Bebe, as usual, looks adorably confused with what appears to be sunscreen lotion on her head. I have yet to see this particular mini-figure for sale in the re-seller's market. At this point, similar to the Koedarize Mami, I would be willing to purchase the entire set down right if the opportunity arose.

From mini-trading figures, we move up the ranks significantly with one of the few remaining Mami dolls that I have yet to add to my collection. Azone's 1/3 scale Hybrid Action Figure (HAF) Tomoe Mami is hands down the biggest Tomoe Mami figure that is available in the market at the moment. Released way back in 2014 for a then retail price of 60,000 Yen, this figure is hardly ever seen in the re-seller's market. If not for the incredibly steep retail price, the number that were made were also fairly limited as is the case with most of the Hybrid Action Figure series. Resale prices in the re-seller's market start at 75,000 Yen with prices of mint condition ones demanding an even higher price. When I first started my collection, the HAF Mami was something I could only imaging adding to the collection owing to the steep sticker price. Fast forward several years and it now has an even higher price with considerably lower availability.

Speaking of expensive, I have saved the best for last, as there is nothing which comes quite close to the Polygonia, CP/Fairyland Tomoe Mami. How much you may ask? Initially retailing for 78,000 Yen at Polygonia's online stores, these made to order dolls now see an asking price of over 100,000 Yen. The last time I ever saw one on Mandarake, was in July 2018. A subsequent article that I wrote about this doll details its full history and release including it's now incredibly steep resale price. This doll remains very much to be the stuff of dreams outstripping even the HAF Mami in terms of rarity and price. 

Without any new Mami figure releases in a while, this has allowed me to focus both my time and efforts on sourcing these rare Mami figures that I have yet to add to the collection. Of course, there are also various trinkets and memorabilia that I am constantly on the look out for too. Until the Aniplex Holy Mami figure is realized in all its full glory, I can satisfied just accruing my piggy bank while waiting for the next big Mami purchase to drain me dry. Until that time, thank you so much for reading and have yourself a wonderful day ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts