Mami Wishlist - Bandai's Tomoe Mami Cake Topper

Hello everyone and welcome back to Tiro Finale for a new segment that we call, Mami Wishlist. Having collected Mami collectibles and memorabilia for the better part of the past three years, I have come to the point in my collection where I have collected almost every Mami-related merchandise there is in the market. Except for a key few which are either far too expensive, too rare or a combination of both. In this new series, we will be exploring examples of these Mami merchandise that very much reside firmly in my imaginary wishlist.

In the very first chapter of this new series, we have one particularly unique piece of Mami collectible produced by Bandai, it is their very own Premium Bandai Tomoe Mami Cake Topper. 

For those of you who dabble in Madoka Magica merchandise, I can probably understand the myriad of questions you have right now. First of all, a Bandai produced Madoka Magica merchandise? Secondly, what on this good name of planet earth is a cake topper? Well, allow me to answer those questions in sequential order. But first, some very important documentation about this rare confectionery figure when it was first released in 2012.

Shortly after the initial run of the Madoka Magica anime, the series was at the height of its initial popularity and many manufacturers had jump on the bandwagon to produce exclusive merchandise for the series. Bandai was no exception with a limited release from their Premium Bandai wing of a product officially known as the "I Am No Longer Scared" Cake. The "I Am No Longer Scared Cake", hereby known as the Mami Cake, was an actual peach and pineapple sponge cake that came topped with a Mami and Madoka figure. This was all wrapped up with a set of forks which resembled Mami's muskets. If this is not one of the craziest ideas for a figure ever, I do not know what is. You can have your cake and, literally, eat it.

Six years on, the Mami Cake is no longer anywhere to be found, as is to be expected. But its remnant and the most collectible bit, the Mami Cake Topper figure, still remains to be found in the reseller's market albeit being extremely rare. And I say that with no exaggeration as I have only ever seen this particular figure pop up on Mandarake twice. The first time was long before I had discovered the shop and the second time around, the figure was snatched up even before I received the notification email about its arrival in stores. Make no mistake, this is one figure I will snatch up in a heartbeat if I ever get the chance to especially at the modest price that Mandarake is asking for.

As far as my research can tell, the Cake Topper Tomoe Mami figure had two releases, the first in April and the second in October, both of which were in the year of 2012. Yet, this is one figure that continues to elude me even more so than the Mami dolls that I am currently keeping a close eye out for. Mami dolls, what are those? Well if you would like to know more about those rare pieces too, do stay tuned to Tiro Finale for future chapters of Mami Wishlist as I explore more of the intricate world of Mami merchandise collecting. 

With that, we come to a close to the very first chapter of Mami Wishlist. I had wanted to pick something truly rare and special for this first chapter and I really hoped that this particular piece piqued your attention especially if you are a fellow Mami collector too. As always, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask them in the comments section below. Until the next time, thank you so much for reading and have yourself a wonderful day ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts