My Anticipated Titles of E3 2018


Now we come to my anticipated list of E3 2018 titles. If you have not yet read my E3 posts, I recommend you click on the links below:


Besides Sony (all their first party titles and Kingdom Hearts 3), I do still have anticipated titles from other third party developers which I shall be going through in this article.

Anthem from BioWare is a cautious play for me. From what I've seen, it doesn't look very smooth, intuitive or different to their traditional gameplay style. But from what I've read and heard from journalists, it plays incredibly well. So, for now, I just want to sit back and observe this game a little longer before I even begin to think about throwing money its way.


The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit is from DONTNOD Entertainment and while I did not really enjoy Life Is Strange like most people, I can't say I don't see some sort of charm in this title. Moreover it's free so I'll definitely be taking a look at this. I doubt it'd be impressing me to the point of preordering Life Is Strange II but hey, never too late for a second chance.

Devil May Cry 5 is a title I am definitely very hyped about. I wouldn't call myself a DMC expert but I am certainly a fan who has dabbled enough into the franchise to warrant the scream I gave when it was revealed. I can't wait to try the demo that they've announced that will be released to the public and to be perfectly honest, I'm going to preorder this either way.


Cyberpunk 2077 is being developed by CD Projekt Red, the creators well known for the Witcher series. While I've never had the chance to dive into that franchise, I'd definitely want to give their new IP a try. It's a first person sci-fi shooter and while all of those don't really tick any boxes for me, the company's credentials is enough for me to at least give it a fair chance. I thought the trailer was rad too so I'm actually pretty stoked about this title.

Jump Force looks pretty decent but the demos didn't really do it justice. It's apparently still in development and a lot of things can change but I can already see a few changes they'd have to make to interest me. I'm a big fan of Shonen Jump but a game is a game and unfortunately, this one needs more polish. I'll still pay attention to it though!


Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is a game that I definitely won't be playing but one I would enjoy watching. I'm not a fan of Souls type games but hey, they always make for good entertainment when someone competent is playing.

The Elder Scrolls VI and Starfield are titles I want to keep in close proximity. Let's hope that ESOVI is at least more competently engaging than Skyrim and I pray that Starfield plays very differently to typical Bethesda games. I'm not a fan of their style but I want to try to list this new IP.


Shadow of the Tomb Raider is a must buy for me. I've played the other two and really enjoyed them therefore this one is a given. I'll only touch it until I finish all the other September titles though. It's going to be a great month! Dragon Quest XI falls under this must buy category too. I would have thrown Octopath Traveller here as well but I don't have a Switch yet. Bummer.

Finally, Fire Emblem: Three Houses for the Switch! Again, I don't have a Switch however, I vow that I will get one before this game is released. Or a launch edition for this title. I WILL PLAY THIS.

I wonder what my fellow writers are looking forward to?

Comments

Popular Posts