E3 2018 Playstation Hype! Part 2


If you haven't yet read Part 1 of my E3 2018 Playstation Conference Impressions, please click right here! On to Part 2!



Where did I leave off at Part 1......right! Kingdom Hearts 3! They showed off Pirates of the Caribbean. I mean, sure, I don't really like it but I don't dislike it. I mean, it's just more- WHAT!? NAVAL COMBAT!? UNDERWATER COMBAT!? Oh my gosh.....the sea is open to explore! Both in and out of the water! HYPE HYPE HYP- ehem. I mean, golly gee am I excited for Kingdom Hearts 3. It seems they're introducing some new mechanics. It might be unique to this world but hey, looks good.

(Calm down, calm down, calm down)



Anyways, Death Stranding! Yay, everyone's favourite pretentious LSD game! I'm joking. I actually liked what I saw unlike some people who complained about only seeing some walking and even more vague sequences. At this point, I can sort of piece together what kind of lore this world has and what kind of story Kojima intends on telling. It's not exactly coherent but it does at least allow me to appreciate the preview they showed off.

The graphics is incredulous but coming from both Hideo Kojima and the Decima Engine, I expected no less. Plus, I was already accustomed to what Naughty Dog showed. The gameplay, while seemingly a bland routine of walking across various terrain with an absurd number of varying cargo, is intriguing to me. I believe it transitions into different scenarios with this walking portion acting as a bridge between story elements and intense combat/stealth sequences. There could also be side quests which explains the various cargo. Maybe you can choose to carry things for other people for certain rewards but to the detriment of your performance on the field and in terms of resource management. I don't know, I can get quite a bit of good information from what they showed off. Maybe people just aren't willing to dig into this what with the whole avent garde nature of this sci-fi/fantasy tale. This will definitely be the game to watch out for in the coming years.



After that, they released a teaser for Nioh 2. I've only ever gone through the Nioh demo but from what I've seen and heard, it's a pretty solid game from Team Ninja. So I'm sure a lot of people were pretty hyped when they say the logo flashed on the big screen. I'm personally excited because we've gotten 3 samurai-based games from E3 this year and if this is a trend much like the whole bow and arrow thing a few years back, it'll be exciting to see how the market will evolve.



Their final major presentation was another gameplay footage from Spider-Man! This time though, they're giving a tease on the Sinister 6 and some of the set pieces they have awaiting us in September. Which begs the question, it's a little funny but I didn't think I needed to see another Spider-Man gameplay sequence. The game is coming out in 2 months, it's safe to assume pre-orders have been made and people are hyped for this. More to see, sure, but I didn't need to see it. Would have saved on some spoilers too but hey, if I wanted to look away, I had ample time to do so.



And to close their presentation (yes, it isn't over just yet), Sony showed off what FromSoftware is doing with their virtual reality system. In all honesty, this came out of nowhere but at least we now know FromSoftware is somewhat interested in VR. They showed off Deracine. I have no idea what it is but at least it isn't another Souls-type game......right?

And there we have it! The end of my impressions to Sony's E3 2018 conference. Lots of excitement and definitely a good few years to come.

Comments

Popular Posts