Tokyo Days 30 - Welcome to Hokkaido

Hokkaido, my first real out of town visit ever since I first arrived in Tokyo. It may have taken me 30 days to finally get there but, I feel it is absolutely worth it to mark this day with a special trip. My first destination upon arriving in Hokkaido was, the very popular, Otaru.

The only problem was, it was raining the entire day. That did not seem to faze this bird though.

When the heavy clouds finally passed, I could finally take a decent shot of Otaru's popular canal.

Aside from the canal, there were various other attractions such as art shops and restaurants too. I would have liked to take more pictures but, the rain was a real hindrance especially since I needed to hold up the umbrella with one hand.

Because of the rain, the temperature was pretty cool too.

All throughout the day, the rain persisted until late in the evening. By then, the sun was beginning to set already.

It was a 40 minute train ride back to Sapporo and after dinner, it was already 10:19 p.m.

Handy timekeeping from the Sapporo Tower.

Design wise, it looked very similar to Tokyo Tower especially with the illuminations. It is a pity that I would not be able to go up due to time constraints.

The cool weather was definitely a welcome escape from Tokyo's heat. Before I knew it, it was already really late. With a full day of traveling complete, I decided to head back for the day to get some rest. Seeing as to how I would only get to spend slight over a day in Hokkaido, I intended to make the best of it! That is all for this quick coverage of Day 1, thanks so much for reading and have yourself a fantastic day ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts