Tokyo Days 2 - Unexpected Finds

What does today have installed for me? As it turns, a lot more than I expected. But before I get into the details about that, let us first go back, way back, at the start of the day.

When I say start, I actually mean really early in the morning. More specifically, 4 a.m. in the morning as I found myself still awake browsing through my TV's VOD options until I bumped upon this. What part of the pond have I waded myself into?

And the weirdness just seemed to continue.

I was a little confused at this point. Was this educational or perhaps something else altogether? 

Indeed the question that should be asked. Feeling as if I had that was more than enough for me, I decided it was time to call it a night. 

The next day, I found myself awake at 12 noon. Not wanting to waster any more time, I got up and headed out to the first location of the day, the Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden.

Seeing as it was free entry for today, it was a good time to go in. Normally it would be a 200 Yen entry fee which was not too much at all.

Would you look at the time? Before I knew it, it was time to move onto the next destination.

Odaiba. This was my third time visiting the location but, only the first time I had visited in the daytime.

While casually browsing, I spotted several light novel covers which immediately caught my attention. It was our very own, Takuya's favorite series, KonoSuba. Well, I suppose I owe him thanks as it was this which lead me to another discovery. But, more about that in a bit.

Speaking of firsts, here is another. Despite having visited Aqua City in Odaiba several times, I completely missed Noitamina's official shop and cafe! This time around, they were promoting their latest hit, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress. I have yet to watch that but, it certainly looks interesting. Inside this shop, I got myself a gem of a find of which there was only one left.

Akane Tsugumori rubber strap, I finally found it!

Now, onto the main star of the story, which also happens to be one of my most unexpected finds. The June 2016 copy of Cut magazine! Sporting perhaps the largest coverage of the Final Live, I really had not expected to get my hands on this magazine. It just happened to be in stores so, lucky me!

I had contemplated skipping it but, the amazing orange bloom at the back just pulled back so many memories and I knew I had to have it.

On my way back, I stopped of at Lawson for a bit and surprise, surprise!

I was not particularly craving for popcorn but, it was Madoka Magica x Lawson and I needed it!

Part of the special gift was 6 different variants of calendars. Getting the Easter version upon the first try satisfied my curiosity already.

For the last unique food of the day, I present to you, Brazilian Orange Pocky.
Now, I can only wonder what tomorrow has in store as it is of to Yokohama then. Until then, thanks so much for reading and have yourself a wonderful day ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts