Too Much Overwatch!

Hey guys! It's me, Takuya. I haven't been writing in a while and I thought it was due time I sat down and let my fingers dance. While I'd like to say the hiatus was due to my intense devotion to writing my thesis, or working my ass off to get food on the table, it's actually none of those two. In fact, I have not been devoting my time to my thesis at all and my job requires as little effort as I can muster.


I have been playing Overwatch. A LOT of Overwatch.

I don't really like shooters but I've played my fair share of CS:Go because I had friends to play with. In fact, the only reason I played it was because I could have conversations with my friends without it impairing my gameplay due to the simplicity of pointing and clicking. Other than that, I would usually never touch a shooter.

I have played Overwatch solo for TONS of hours. Why? It's just that fun! A class-based shooter with different abilities and ultimates, maps that are interesting to maneuver and a diverse range of characters to choose from. I may not be able to aim to save my life in a video game but that doesn't stop me from playing Widowmaker. I may not be great at flanking but I still play Genji.

You don't have to be super good at any one character. In fact, because it's a team based shooter, it adopts the all for one and one for all moto. You do the things they can't and they do the things you can't.

With abilities like Tracer's Blink, Genji's Swift Strike plus his double jumps and Pharah's Jump Jet, you'll get tons of maneuverability and distance in a short time. This lets you kite and play your opponents. Other abilities like Widowmaker's Infra-Sight, Hanzo's Sonic Arrow and Symmetra's Sentry Turrets allow you to control the map by relaying enemy positions and controlling choke points. All these diverse abilities blend together to create interesting combat combinations and no one hero is useless on any map. If played right, they can be a force to be reckoned with.

Basically, if you're not been away from the internet, chances are you've probably heard of Overwatch. You probably even know a thing of two about it. In fact, I'm going to stop talking about it now to play more of it.


I promise I'll write a better article next time! I just need to cure myself of this Overwatch addiction.



Comments

Popular Posts