Tokyo Days 20 - Tokyo Tower by Night

For the 20th day of my trip to Japan, I decided to commemorate it with something a little special, by visiting Tokyo Tower at night. Aside from being a popular daytime attraction, Tokyo Tower is a worthy visit by nighttime especially with its radiant illuminations. The best part is, you do not even have to ascend the tower to appreciate this. Just spending time circling the tower and taking it all in is sufficient in and of itself. Without further ado, here are some shots I would like to share of the hour or so I spent photographing this luminescent landmark.

Surrounding Tokyo Tower is a park that anyone can feel free to visit. There is not much to it at night though.

Depending on the occasion, Tokyo Tower may sometimes even light up in different colors.

On every other day though, she lights up in a bright combination of yellow and orange.

The upper third of the tower is especially brightly lit.

Of course, that could be due to the surface area closer to the base being significantly larger.

The "veins" of the tower.

Attraction or not, Tokyo Tower still serves as a communication tower.

If just has the added benefit of accommodating visitors.

Here is a closer look at the double-storied observation deck, the lower floor is illuminated in blue where there is also a cafe.

Wandering a little far off, I stumbled upon this lovely reflection.

Despite being more than 50 years old, Tokyo Tower continues to be a popular attraction among locals and foreigners alike.

Repeat visitors are not an uncommon sight too as the cost of admission is only 900 Yen.

If you are really keen on going up often, there is even a season pass available offering unlimited visits.

Now, with the addition of One Piece Tower within it, the attraction factor has gone up even more.

I wonder if Tokyo Tower will successfully reach the century mark?

After I put down my camera for this final shot, I realized it was already 9 p.m. and a little too late to be going up by then. Satisfied with my shots for the day, I packed my gear up and head on home. I look forward to visiting Tokyo Tower again in the future, this time going up to witness Tokyo's famed night skyline from the observatory decks. Until then, thanks again so much for reading and have yourself a fantastic day ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts